- CONTACT US
- About C.M. Smith
- Employee Benefits
- Health Management
- Insurance Retirement Services
- Health Care Reform
Efforts to promote high-quality health care have led many organizations to offer comparative information about provider performance.
The C.M. Smith Agency, Inc. strongly endorses efforts to give health care consumers as much information as possible to make informed choices about the health care they purchase, as well as the providers and facilities they purchase that care from.
In addition to carrier-specific websites, here are sites that can be of great use to employees and their dependents when selecting a health care provider or facility.
- The Leapfrog Group For Patient Safety (www.leapfroggroup.org)
- HealthGrades - The Healthcare Quality Experts (www.healthgrades.com)
- Connecticut Department of Public Health (www.dph.state.ct.us)
- Connecticut Hospital Association (www.cthosp.org)
- National Committee for Quality Assurance (www.ncqa.org)
- Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (www.jcaho.org)
- National Institutes of Health (www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus)
- Bridges to Excellence (www.bridgestoexcellence.org)
You may find a free online Quality Dividend Calculator (QDC) at www.medicare.gov. The QDC allows users to model how various health plans in your area can be expected to affect employee productivity at your company.